Nature is full of treasures that hold within them, treatments and cures for most diseases. The food items listed in this article have been found to successfully help type 2 diabetic patients by lowering blood sugar. On top of that, these food items also help perform various other functions of the human body at optimal levels. Thus, consume these food items regularly, to help keep blood glucose in check and be symptom-free.
1. Bitter Gourd
Bitter gourd is a popular cure for type 2 diabetes. Drinking bitter gourd juice regularly, first thing right after you wake up on an empty stomach, helps prevent and Cure type 2 diabetes by enhancing insulin production in the body. If you prefer eating the vegetable, try preparing it in whatever way you enjoy and consuming it frequently in a week.
Guava is a fruit that is not only delicious, but it is extremely healthy as well. It is a fruit very rich in vitamin C and fiber. Eat it without the skin to gain the most benefit from it, as research shows eating guava with skin can have an adverse effect, by increasing the blood glucose instead of reducing it.
3. Bean pods
Even though very few people know this remedy, it is very effective nonetheless.
1. Take a handful of bean pods.
2. Remove beans from bean pods.
3. Boil these empty bean pods in two cups of water.
4. Let this brew cool.
5. Squeeze some lemon juice into the mixture.
6. Keep it in the fridge for 24 hours before consuming.
7. Drink this brew before every meal to benefit from its blood glucose regulating properties.
Strong, dark, unsweetened tea and coffee without milk has shown to have glucose regulating effects on type 2 diabetics. It also helps decrease the risk of type 2 diabetes in people who have not yet been affected by the disease. Green tea in itself is very rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Copper, Potassium, and reduces blood glucose while boosting insulin production in the body. Apart from glucose regulating benefits, green tea also helps keep heart diseases away. According to research, green tea is very beneficial in reducing risks of cancer as well.
5. Rose Geranium
The leaves of rose geranium are extremely effective in reducing blood glucose. Quite extraordinarily, it is so effective that it might cause the level to reduce below normal, instead of regulating it. It also helps reduce blood pressure. To keep blood glucose from dipping below the normal range, after consuming this tea, honey is added to the brew. To create a brew:
1. Take 40 leaves and chop them finely.
2. Half a kilo of honey is poured over the chopped leaves.
3. To this mixture, squeeze the juice of one lemon.
4. Mixed thoroughly until fully combined.
5. Before every meal, a teaspoon of this mixture must be added to one cup of hot water and consumed.
6. Onion Slice
Onion juice is very beneficial for type 2 diabetics, due to its insulin boosting properties. To prepare onion juice:
1. Slice an onion from the middle, so it is in two complete halves.
2. Take one of the halves and immerse it in a cup of water.
3. Leave it for fifteen minutes.
4. Take out the onion half and drink this juice every morning to help your pancreas produce the optimum level of insulin throughout the day.
Hibiscus is another one of those remedies that is commonly used in India as a part of Ayurvedic medicine, which is highly acclaimed throughout the world for its benefits. Hibiscus is an ideal remedy for type 2 diabetic patients, as it not only detoxes and cleanses the human system, but it maintains optimum insulin performance within the body. Hibiscus is commonly taken as a tea to avail the most benefits from it.
1. To create this brew:
2. Boil a cup of water
3. Switch off the stove and let the water release steam.
4. Add two teaspoons of dried hibiscus petals into the cup.
5. Leave to infuse for fifteen minutes.
6. Drink it thrice daily for maximum benefits.
Psyllium fiber provides various benefits when consumed regularly. A soluble fiber, psyllium husk, not only reduces appetite but also boosts metabolism while promoting the optimum functioning of the human digestive system. For overweight type 2 diabetes patients, regular consumption of psyllium husks is extremely beneficial for controlling hunger and thus boosting weight loss. Psyllium husk also improves blood sugar levels. Psyllium fiber is best consumed in the form of psyllium husk. Drink it twice daily for maximum benefit, once in the morning and once in the evening. To create a glass of psyllium husk:
1. Take a glass of cold water or any beverage.
2. Add one tablespoon of soluble psyllium husk.
3. Stir thoroughly.
4. Drink immediately.